Exspans Systems Inc Logo home

Forum

Author   Comment  
automan

Reply with quote  #1 
I was surprised to learn that there a places in the world where people cannot get reliable internet connections, and still exchange data sticks and DVDs, to spread education and entertainment. Sometimes people do not even know what they have received until they play it. I was asked to find some z/OS educational videos so that they could be placed on a data stick. Can you imagine trying to learn about z/OS while having no connection to the internet? A quarter century back, sure, but these days, why would they want z/OS while having no access? Beats me, but I did find some slick advertising by IBM and a few very nice, practical how-to vid.

On the smooth and slick side, there is this:

Zamin

Reply with quote  #2 
Were the people who asked you to contribute in Korea? Here is a nice one from Bob Rodgers. I met him sometime around 1996 when he was designing the microcode for 64 bit engines.
Grazillda

Reply with quote  #3 
I was checking out this interview with Bridget van Kralingen

then I read the comments and this one from a user called Mike ekiM caught my eye

"Strange, Bridget talks in the first 5 minutes of investment in people, training etc. I left IBM UK least in 2014 after 15 years with them. I promise you that there is absolutely no investment in people whatsoever. The training budgets have been frozen for the past six or seven years. There is no career path for a techie in IBM - if you want to become a manager, fine. But a technical career? Forget it. Bridget has either no clue about what is happening on the ground, or is fibbing. "

If there is any truth in this, then IBM is no longer the company I remember.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!