Exspans Systems Inc Logo home

Forum

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4
rakesh

Reply with quote  #46 
ok, but Automan is not capturing when i code MSG=SYSLGWLY. what else code be wrong here.. can any of dealt with this kind of messages? if not, could you try
zboxassist

Reply with quote  #47 
I wrote a small assembler program to issue a WTO 'TEST MESSAGE',DESC=3
The following message was displayed:
+TEST MESSAGE
The following two AutoMan MSG statements trapped the message
MSG=TEST WTO 'TRAPPED TEST 1'
MSG='TEST' WTO 'TRAPPED TEST 2'
The following two AutoMan MSG statements did NOT trap the message
MSG='+TEST' WTO 'TRAPPED TEST 3'
MSG=' +TEST' WTO 'TRAPPED TEST 4'

The z/OS MVS Programming: Assembler Services Guide in section Routing the Message explains the indicators that are inserted based on the descriptor codes.

Reply with quote  #48 
You may need to code MSG='SYSLGWLY' in case the character following the Y is not a blank.

Reply with quote  #49 
The + sign indicates the message came from a non-apf authorized program. In the ENVIR dataset there is an option to select or not.

HANDLE=ALL will select both APF and non-APF messages.
automan

Reply with quote  #50 
This is to be found in the "AutoMan V3.2 Start Up and General Usage" manual at the top of page 33.

Selecting types of messages AutoMan will handle

HANDLE=
Message in the system can be generated by APF authorized programs or
non- authorized applications programs. This parameter specifies what types AutoMan is to
handle.

AUTHONLY
NONAUTH
ALL
- Only handle messages from APF authorized programs.
- Only handle messages from non-authorized applications
- Handle all messages.

The default value is AUTHONLY
zboxassist

Reply with quote  #51 
I had forgotten that I had set the HANDLE=ALL, so many years ago.

Reply with quote  #52 
That is the problem with being flexible. Too many options to cover too many possible scenarios.
zboxassist

Reply with quote  #53 
I expect Exspans had some customer who expressed a need to process messages only from authorized programs, or non-authorized programs, etc. So he gave it to them.
However, I would have made the default HANDLE=ALL. Although, I would prefer even a more flexible solution with a new MSGID qualifier such as APF=BOTH|YES|NO with the default AFP=BOTH, or a user settable default.

Reply with quote  #54 
I said that with a bit of tongue-in-cheek because we have been responsible for a couple exceptions that resulted in parameters.
zboxassist

Reply with quote  #55 
Sorry, I misunderstood your real meaning. You, me, and many other customers have gotten parameters to solve their problems.

Reply with quote  #56 
AutoMan V3.3 is now ready for customer testing. It has got a few nice to have features. The ALLOC/WRITE is now a part of GAL. The RUN command now takes parameters, so values can be passed to them directly. The name of a command list to be executed may also be specified as a variable. Enabling and Disabling sections, Configs and SSIDs all take variable names.

Console IDs and user CART information is now passed on all commands and requests and removes any restrictions on which console is running. All defects reported to date have been fixed and there has been an internal restructuring of the compiler/interpreter which improves compile and load times. This results in faster start up for systems which load their parameters and language from text.

These and other enhancements to the language simplify the development of complex systems control logic.

AutoMan V3.3 supports a logging interface which will be used by the new AutoMate V3.3 logging display consoles, when it is released. AutoMate contains a set of specialized interactive consoles for schedules, jobs, configuration and SSIDs. These display the changing states of jobs and tasks as they progress through the stages of work. AutoMate also interfaces to the compiler, enabling quicker development of GAL scripts. Compiled images made using the interactive compiler may be loaded directly to AutoMan.

Using AutoMate panels the current state of the system can be scanned and a preliminary set of messages and jobs is created to for the basis of both message and job schedule processing. AutoMate provides an interface to specify Configurations and SSIDs. These automatically create required objects and colour code them to show their status, so that items that need customization can readily be seen.

zboxassist

Reply with quote  #57 
I so wish my employer was not migrating off their mainframe.  I've wanted these lastest enhancements for a long time.

Reply with quote  #58 
You have a little time left so you can have a copy to play with. From my point of view the passing of parameters to command lists is the most powerful language enhancement in this version. There are many hidden enhancements. The way in which the language translator fits in is far more powerful and sets it up for future language enhancements. You can only really see the difference by looking at the increase in the number of load modules and the improved speed of interpretation.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!