Exspans Systems Inc Logo home

Forum

Author   Comment  
automan

Reply with quote  #1 
I was chatting to a customer systems programmer a while back. He had a recovery issue that he wanted to automate, because weather was becoming a problem and has resulted in power outages. This naturally lead to what he did during heatwaves, bad weather and holidays. It turns out that not only being smart with computing, our systems programming brethren are a creative lot. In times when he is not stuck in the tube, he makes jewelry. It is evident that systems programmers are not one dimensional. I know sysprogs who paint and write poetry. One of the operations managers for a hospital system is an amateur composer who writes music for his local theatre company. For my own part, I repair fountain pens and practice different styles of hand writing. It came as a surprise to one client when I showed him the initial notes for a cross-systems service design, which I had done using six different fountain pens, each with its own colour of ink, to show the various parts of the process. His comment was "I thought there were only four colours of ink". Imagine his surprise when I told him of the 3000 different inks that are currently available for this "obsolete" technology. So what do you do when you are not working with technology? Do you race snowmobiles, build muscle cars or breed horses (yes I know one of those too). Tell us about your other interests.
Zamin

Reply with quote  #2 
I used to race snowmobiles. My son does that now. I sometimes help with engine mods. Michal Bonikowski’s Snowmobile concepts are more my style now.

http://www.yankodesign.com/2012/08/03/beasty-beauty-in-the-snow/
Grazillda

Reply with quote  #3 
I like to cook and learn new recipes. I grow a vegetable garden. It gets me far away from machines, screens and devices.

Zamin, that is a very nice concept snowmobile. You might even get me out in winter, if I could get about cocooned in one of those.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!