Exspans Systems Inc Logo home

Forum

Author   Comment  
automan

Reply with quote  #1 
The email processor has been revised to enable the use of local variables for the TO and CC addresses in emails. Previously only global variables were used because of the ability to set up global default distribution lists. The revision is freely available upon request as of May 11 2015.
Grazillda

Reply with quote  #2 
That must be an issue for people who use adhoc addresses for specific issues. That is not a problem for us because we set up a global TO list in the initialization process and all alerts go to the people listed.
Zamin

Reply with quote  #3 
Grazillda, that may be so, but to me this is an issue of linguistic consistency.
Grazillda

Reply with quote  #4 
I suppose so. I am using it now. I took the upgrade for my renewal. It works fine for me.
automan

Reply with quote  #5 
Rev 2.2 has had a couple minor revisions made to it. All those people who are using V3.2 should get the current update, even if they have not had problems. It is more likely that new users will come across a couple issues that it had, because they are largely associated with errors in their GAL scripts. One problem affects users of SYSOUT or some STAGE 0 facilities. If they have syntax errors while starting up, and they elect to stop the initialization, there was not a complete cleanup being done. That lead to a problem starting up next time. Both the clean up and restart have been dealt with. Another problem was a loop when reporting usage errors with SSIDs.
Grazillda

Reply with quote  #6 
I would like to get the revision. I would not have noticed it, but I have new trainee and he made some mistakes in a new script. When it restarts we were getting an "invalid SSAN" message.
Zamin

Reply with quote  #7 
I have no problems because I have well developed scripts that have been working consistently, but if you suggest that we should all replace it what is the procedure? Do I just write to support and ask?
automan

Reply with quote  #8 
If you want and updated copy, just contact support and ask for it. No serial numbers are required because we have a list of support eligible users. Just make sure the request is sent from your organizations registered customer account email address, by one of the registered contacts.
Grazillda

Reply with quote  #9 
Very happy with the new revision. My trainee can make as many mistakes as he likes and we have neither shutdown nor restart issues.
Zamin

Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks guys, I requested the updated version this morning and had it within half an hour.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!